2020 "Bernie's World" Pro-Am
With Pro-Am hosts being Michigan PGA Hall of Famer's Bernie Friedrich and Jeff Roth, you know this tournament will be one you can't miss!
Join us July 26-28 at Boyne Mountain Resort for 2-one day tournaments that wil pay out $10,000 in cash to golf professionals each day to top 30% of the field, based on 18 teams. Winners (including skins) for both days will be paid on Tuesday night awards dinner.
This Pro-Am is limited to the first 18 teams, so find your four amateurs and grab your team spot now! Approximate course yardages are as follows: Pros = 6,700, Male Amateurs under 60 = 6,400, Male Amateurs 60 and older = 6,000, Female Amateurs = 5,400.
Location: Boyne Mountain Resort, Boyne Falls, MI
Entry Fee: $1,400 per amateur, see below for details
Entry Deadline: Team must be paid in full by Monday, July 6
Field: Limited to the first 18 teams
Play will be (2) one day tournaments.
- Round 1- The Alpine | "1,2,3" better ball where one best net score counts on par fives, two best net scores count on par fours and three best net scores count on par threes. 80% handicap.
- Round 2 - The Monument | "Shamble" where each player tees off from their designated tee and the best positioned is chosen. Each player will then play their own ball for the remainder of the hole. A minimum of 2 tee shots from each team member is required. The best 3 net scores on each hole will count as team score. 50% handicap.
- OPTIONAL SKINS GAME | Offered each day, $100 per team, per day
Each amateur will be required to have a USGA recognized handicap index at time of team entry. The handicap index limit for all amateurs will 20.0
- Sunday, July 26: Arrival and check in at Boyne Mountain Resort
- Monday, July 27: Breakfast served 6:30-10am in Everett's Restaurant inside Mountain Grand Lodge
Round 1 on Alpine Course, tee times 8-11am
- Tuesday, July 28: Breakfast served 6:30-10am in Everett's Restaurant inside Mountain Grand Lodge
Round 2 on Monument Course, tee times 8-11am
Steak Dinner and Awards on Hemlock Lawn at Boyne Mountain, includes 2 drink tickets and a cigar voucher
- Wednesday, July 29: Check out and depart Boyne Mountain Resort
Golf Professionals Responsibilities:
- Recruit amateurs for your team
- Gather and organize lodging preferences for each of your amateurs
- Gather payment information from each of your amateurs
- Communicate lodging preferences, payment details and current handicap information for your team to Boyne representatives:
- Dan Turcott: 231.439.4016 | email@example.com
- Joe Arnold: 231.549.7107 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Golf Professional must provide a W-9 with entry payment
Amateur Entry Fee Includes:
- 3 nights lodging in standard King or Queen room in the Mountain Grand Lodge at Boyne Mountain (upgrades to suites available for an additional fee)
- 2 rounds of golf on Boyne Mountain's Championship courses
- Awards dinner (guests welcome for additional fee)
- 2 breakfasts, 2 box lunches
- Commuter Rate is $950 and includes all of the above except lodging
A portion of the entry fee will benefit the Harbor Cup Foundation which donates to local charities Manna Food Project and The First Tee of Northern Michigan as well as other local organizations.